Head of Unit
Seth Samuel Ankoma-Sey is a self-motivated team player with sharp taste for excellence and professionalism. He heads the Development Planning Unit of La Dade-Kotopon Municipal Assembly. Seth is a Principal Development Planning Officer in the Local Government Service. Ankoma-Sey has extensively been involved in the implementation of Ghana’s Decentralized Planning System in three Assemblies in two Regions in the past 14 years. As Head of the Development Planning Unit and serving as the Secretary to the Municipal Planning Coordinating Unit, Ankoma-Sey gives technical advice on development planning issues, formulate, coordinate development policies and programmes, prepare medium term development plans, leads monitoring and evaluation activities among others.
Ankoma-Sey has a Master of Science Degree in Development Policy and Planning and a Bachelor of Science Degree in Planning both from Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology. He has attended a number of career development trainings and seminars both internationally and nationally. He has a number of certificates of participation including Local Economic Development from the Institute of Local Government Studies (ILGS), Planning and Management of Rural Development Programmes issued by National Institute of Rural Development (NIRD), Hydrabad, India among others. He is also a Member of Ghana Institute of Planners (GIP).
What we do
The Local Governance Act 2016 (Act 936) part three section 84(1) indicates there shall be a District Planning Coordinating Unit for each Assembly with functions according to section 85 as follows
- The provision of advice and a secretariat for the District Planning Authority in respect of its planning, programming, monitoring, evaluating and coordinating functions;
- The coordination of planning activities of the departments of the Assembly and other appropriate agencies connected with the planning process;
- Synthesising the strategies related to the development of the District into comprehensive and cohesive framework;
- Formulating and updating the components of a District Development Plan and
- Providing data and information the National Development Planning Commission may require.
MISSION STATEMENT: The Municipal. Planning Co-ordinating Unit exists to co-ordinate, monitor and evaluate development activities of the La Dade Kotopon Municipal Assembly and ensure consistency in policy formulation of the Assembly.
VISION: The vision of the unit is to be able to facilitate development processes within the La Dade Kotopon Municipal Assembly through the efficient mobilization and use of community resources and also to be able to provide all the data needs for the formulation of physical, social, economic and environmental policies of the Assembly.