Head of Unit
Dr Mrs Audrey Smock Amoah (MGIP) is the Municipal Development Planning officer for the La Dade-Kotopon Municipal Assembly. Audrey is a Chief Development Planning Officer with vast experience in the area of development planning having worked in three Assemblies in two Regions for the past twenty years. Her role as a Development Planning Officer is to lead teams in the preparation of all kinds of plans by serving as the Secretary to the Municipal Planning Coordinating Unit and the Head of the Secretariat of the Municipal Planning Coordinating Unit.
Audrey has a PhD in Planning from the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology. She also has a Master of Science Degree in Development Policy and Planning and a Bachelor of Science Degree in Planning also from the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology. She holds a certificate in Gender and Development from the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA) and a member of the Ghana Institute of Planners (GIP). Aside from the Planning Profession, her specialty includes gender and local economic development.
Audrey’s desire is to see La Dade-Kotopon Municipal Assembly implementing programmes that have emerged from participatory processes of planning and decision making to address the needs of the people. She believes in professionalism and teamwork.
What we do
The Local Governance Act 2016 (Act 936) part three section 84(1) indicates there shall be a District Planning Coordinating Unit for each Assembly with functions according to section 85 as follows
- The provision of advice and a secretariat for the District Planning Authority in respect of its planning, programming, monitoring, evaluating and coordinating functions;
- The coordination of planning activities of the departments of the Assembly and other appropriate agencies connected with the planning process;
- Synthesising the strategies related to the development of the District into comprehensive and cohesive framework;
- Formulating and updating the components of a District Development Plan and
- Providing data and information the National Development Planning Commission may require.
MISSION STATEMENT: The Municipal. Planning Co-ordinating Unit exists to co-ordinate, monitor and evaluate development activities of the La Dade Kotopon Municipal Assembly and ensure consistency in policy formulation of the Assembly.
VISION: The vision of the unit is to be able to facilitate development processes within the La Dade Kotopon Municipal Assembly through the efficient mobilization and use of community resources and also to be able to provide all the data needs for the formulation of physical, social, economic and environmental policies of the Assembly.