Head of Department
Eng. Richard Ben Debrah is an Engineer and a project manager who has worked in the Local Government service since 2003. He holds MSc. Project management from Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and technology (KNUST), kumasi.
Eng. Ben Debrah has worked in the following assemblies as head of works ; West Akyem Municipal Assemble ,Suhum Municipal Assembly ,Kwahu Afram plain South District Assembly .He is corporate member of Institution of Engineering and Technology Ghana (IET-GH) and has attended several conferences including UN World Conference on Urban Planning and City management in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. He also hold Certificate in Maintenance management and effective supervision from Institute of Technical Supervision, Accra.
He likes watching football and will always want to inspire and motivate others to unearth their talent. As an Engineer and Project Manager, his cardinal principle is that the Assembly get value for money in the execution of all development project within Municipality.
What we do
The Works Department among other things is responsible for:
- Assist the Assembly to formulate policies on works within the framework of the Assembly
- Advise the Assembly on matters relating to works in the Municipality
- Assist to prepare tender documents for all construction works projects to be undertaken by the Assembly through contracts or community initiated projects.
- Facilitate the construction, repair and maintenance of; public buildings, streets lights etc, in the Municipality
- Facilitate the provision of adequate and wholesome supply of potable water for the entire Municipality
- Advise and encourage owners of premises to; Remove dilapidated structures or fences in any public place, Remove any derelict vehicles or objects which constitute nuisance
The Works Department is comprised of four (4) units;-
- Development Control Unit
- Maintenance Unit
- Project unit
- Estate Unit